Wednesday 19 February 2014

ONE STEP AT A TIME

Taking life a step at a time is not one of those things that are easy to do. Our minds are always focused on what we shall be doing tomorrow, whats for supper this evening (I know the bachelors in the house understand this one most), school fees for the kids(for the parents out there), how we'll pay next month's rent or even about our life partners (I'm single so I know this one) ... that's just human nature.

An even bigger challenge for me as a christian is trusting in God. Is it just me who finds it hard to trust in a being that I do not see??? Well, I guess that is what faith is... the substance if things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I was really inspired by Matthew 16;6-8 where the disciples were being warned against the yeast of the pharisees and their first thought was "... is it because we did not carry bread..." Now imagine it in a little bit more modern conversation... "ama ni vile hatukubeba mkate...". The most amazing thing is that they still consider food an issue when they are walking around with a guy who practices multiplication with food.

Guess what, that is us every single day; we are focused on our daily needs rather than on God's ability to provide. Yes, He knows about your kids in school, He knows about the house rent, He knows about supper this evening and yes, He does know about that wife or husband that you have been praying about... just let Him deal with all that coz the God that we serve is the very same one who did multiplication with food.

This is the same God who says that He knows us by our names and knows the number of hairs on our heads (even the bald heads). This is the same God who provides for the sparrows that neither harvest nor store in granaries. I know that if He knows my name, then I am that much more important than the birds. 
 

Too bad we are all just human, but I guess the moment we shall find true peace is when we'll learn to sit back and believe and know that God can provide for us and take each day as it comes, a step at a time.

4 comments:

  1. very true.....our unbeliefs and worries limits God's doing in our lives #it has always been about God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Timely..---For who can make a single strand of hair, White or black (Grey) by worrying?
    its not an easy take, never been, sitting down and waiting, being still, (even when we know He is God) am amazed though at His faithfulness and I pray to worry less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He truly is faithful even when we are not.

      Delete