Thursday 20 February 2014

DEAR GOD...

Hi God,

I hope you are doing well, and it is not that I doubt you are, just human etiquette to ask. I'm doing quite fine considering that I am alive right now.

Speaking of being alive, I am not very sure I thanked you when I woke up this morning, I know that having the breath of life is not a must for me and it is coz of ur mercies for me; thank you so much God. I am so sorry for taking life for granted coz that is exactly what I do every time I forget to thank you.

I also made it to work this morning and considering the crazy roads in Kenya, I have another reason to be thanking you; I made it to work in one piece. Thank you God that I din not get caught up in traffic today as well, I really do not like starting my days seated in a vehicle that is not moving.

Most of all God, I think I should be thanking you for my body that you call your temple. I love the way David said it in Psalms; ..."... for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." and especialy since I interact with so many people who are physically not as whole as I am. Thank you God coz I can hear, talk, jump, clap... Lord please remind me to glorify you with my whole self every day.

Talking of my body being a temple of your Spirit, please forgive me coz I know I am weak. Please Lord let me focus on you rather than my weaknesses that will cause me to sin. The world around is not so keen on this and there are so many sources of temptations; but I know the God that You are and I know you can do it for me. I am hoping that I will keep myself pure until the right time when You will provide me with a partner. I know You are able and I trust you will keep me pure.

I have no idea how this day will be God, so I just want to ask that you take control of it and have your way. Please use me to glorify you in all that I will do today and I hope that people will get to know you through my actions, my words and my general behavior. I am sorry God coz I know I embarrass you so many times; I am so sorry for that human nature of mine and I pray that your Spirit will cause me to glorify you rather than be an embarrassment to you.

God, there is this issue that I am battling with right now and I know that I have already made you aware of it already, this responsibility that you have given me. Lord, just like Moses, I do not think I am worthy or even have the strength, but like Solomon, I am praying for wisdom and trusting that you will direct my ways as I serve you.

Lastly Lord, I really thank you for my friends. I am sure you know each and every one of them and how much they have been an impact in my life; spiritually, emotionally, physically... in so many ways I cannot even count. Please bless them Lord, as a way of appreciating them for what they have done for me and most of all I hope they know how much valued they are. Thank you so much for them.

Lastly Lord (for real this time), I know your word says You know the number of hairs on my head. Could You please tell me how many I have just so that I can compare myself now and when I'll have a bald head so many years from now... but no pressure, I can still survive without knowing this one.

Thank you so much coz I know you will read and answer this letter.

Your redeemed son,
Grey.

5 comments:

  1. wow i really enjoyed reading your blog good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe second day and I love the piece, did you realize you said lastly twice? anyway am glad am mentioned in the letter as well (hiyo part a friends, am still in the list right?) - and by the way, He tells you the number of your hair, lemmie know
    keep well and be blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad there is no like button here, Id like ur comment... Yes, last I checked ur still on the friends list.

      Dnt worry, once I get the answer, Ill share the info.

      Delete
  3. this was really nice and interesting....#iwillthankGodatalltimes

    ReplyDelete